Today I want to share with you a quick and easy recipe for delicious breakfast buns. Homemade wheat buns are perfect for a lazy weekend morning or a busy weekday breakfast. They are incredibly simple to make and require only a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of these mouthwatering buns!
Easy and delicious breakfast buns recipe
- 1 bowl
- 1 measuring glass
- 3 glass wheat flour to measure glass in this recipe we use 350ml POKAL glass from IKEA
- 12,5 g fresh yeast ¼ of 50g cube
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 325 ml warm water
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp light honey
- Mix warm water, yeast and honey in measuring glass.325 ml warm water, 3 tsp light honey, 12,5 g fresh yeast
- Add salt and 1 tsp of olive oil to big bowl with flour, mix it together.3 glass wheat flour, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt
- Gradually add yeast mixture to the flour while mixing.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and uniform. If the dough is too sticky and runny, add more flour and continue kneading. If it's too dry, add a little water and continue kneading.
- Sprinkle the dough with olive oil – about 1 teaspoon.2 tsp olive oil
- Cover the dough with a clean, dry cloth and set it aside in a warm place to rise – about 2 hours.
- Punch down the risen dough, take it out of the bowl, and place it on a dry surface – the dough should be slightly sticky and elastic.
- Divide the dough into pieces – usually 8 (smaller buns).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the paper.
- Roll the dough pieces in the oil and place them next to each other on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on the top rack of the oven until the dough is golden brown.
I make those buns at least 2 or 3 times a week. My wife and all guest just love them. Our perfect combination is with cream cheese (garlic flavor is the best!) and ham, sometimes we grab also potato salad which is very popular product in Sweden.
Let us know in the comments how do you like my recipe and if you want to try if by yourself!